Just as promised yesterday, today I share the First Prompt for the Rule of Three Fiction blogfest.
To summarize what the blogfest will contain:
1. 1 shared world setting
2. 3 characters of the writer’s choice
3. Escalating tension in three weekly installments of one story, and the resolution or finale part in the fourth week.
4. Any genre or time period.
Each week’s installment (to be posted between Wednesday and Thursday) would be based on a prompt we give the week before.
Each of the first three weeks the focus will be on a different character.
Word count 500, which can exceed to 600, but not more.
You have 34 days from now to dream up the first part of the story which will be based on one or more of the following prompts:
- There is an argument
- There is fear of an impending misfortune
- There is a humorous circumstance
- Someone might fall in love
Please state your choice of prompt when writing the story.
Help spread the word by tweeting this blogfest at #REN3 on twitter, or share on Facebook or Google + with your writer friends.
Fellow short story campaigners, how about making this our #Writecampaign challenge?
Let the plotting for Rule of Three begin! The first installment of the story to be up between October 5 and October 6.