I begin with the thank yous:
The Magnificient Seven of #Teamdamyanti : Guilie, Anna, Samantha, Csenge, Vidya, Jemima and Mary! If you’re looking to collaborate on a project, online or off, look up these fantastic women! They rocked the twitter #AZchat, they aced the Theme Reveal, and they patrolled the lists, all without much leadership or help from me– I’ll always be grateful.
The A to Z team: Lee, Alex, Tina, +Stephen , Jeremy, Nicole, Heather, AJ, MJ and Pam. Each year I’m humbled by the amount of dedication and hard work of each of my cohosts. Heather (rocked FB and Twitter!), MJ (started the less than 100 followers page!), AJ (a pro at the info email) and Pam (Twitter and G+ champ) were all new to this, but they carried it off with an aplomb that impressed me.
I’ll always look up to Alex and Lee as bloggers to follow, Tina is the Fairy Godmother cum Headmistress we all long for and never find, but we did! Jeremy is the tech whiz, and Nicole is often the voice of sanity.
I love them all.
Thanks also to everyone else who visited– I’ve visited you back, and will continue to visit you through the year!
1. Most bloggers finally understood that CAPTCHA is best replaced with comment moderation.
2. Lovely to find a direct link to most bloggers who commented.
3. It was heartening to see social media shares go up– bloggers shared each others’ posts.
4. Some lasting blog friendships have been forged– absolutely worthwhile to see bloggers guest posting for each other during the challenge.
1. Bloggers who wrote posts as long as 1500 words and expected to receive comments.
2. Hard to read blogs— grey font on black backgrounds– enough said.
3. Bloggers who made commenting difficult– you had to have some crazy membership to some comment system, or had to be signed in to G+ or FB to comment on their blogs. Annoying.
4. Bloggers who left a comment with a link that led to 5 blogs, which one are we supposed to read? Or worse still, to their G+ page, where they have a million links, cat and dog pics, but no easy way to their blog.
Tell us about your A to Z experience, in case you did take part. What were your pet peeves and grand discoveries? In case you didn’t take part, tell us why, and how it affected your blogging in April.