To those new to this: The Blogging from A to Z April Challenge is basically about blogging 26 days in April, based on the 26 letters of the alphabet. To know why this challenge can transform your blog for the better, read this!
Welcome to the seventh annual A to Z Blogging Challenge!
Please read and follow the sign-up instructions outlined below so you sign onto the list correctly!
The brainchild of Arlee Bird, at Tossing it Out the A to Z Challenge is posting every day in April except Sundays (we get those off for good behavior.) And since there are 26 days, that matches the 26 letters of the alphabet. On April 1, blog about something that begins with the letter “A.” April 2 is “B,” April 4 is “C,” and so on. You can use a theme for the month or go random – just as long as it matches the letter of the alphabet for the day.
1. The A to Z Challenge is a great way to get into the blogging habit and make new friends. We recommend short posts, turn off Word Verification, and visit five blogs (or more) a day beginning with the one after yours on the list.
2. Blogs must be on an open platform – no Tumblr, Facebook, Pinterest, etc. – and comments enabled. Please make it easy for visitors to comment on your blog.
3. To streamline legitimate blogs from advertisement blogs, the Co-Hosts will be visiting each blog on this list throughout the Challenge. Once the Challenge begins, blogs showing no activity or those that miss five days in a row will be removed.
4. Please note your Blog Name and Number in all correspondences. Remember that as blogs are removed, your number WILL change.
5. There are categories for those looking for like-minded blogs. Select ONE category code and enter it after your blog’s title/name. The code applies to your blog, not your theme for the Challenge and is purely optional. See the first few blogs on the list for examples. However, if your blog has adult content, you MUST mark it (AC) or it will be removed from the list. Codes are as follows:
LIFESTYLE/SOCIAL: (LS )
ADULT CONTENT: (AC)
6. Be sure to grab the badge and display it in your sidebar so we know you are participating and link to the A to Z Challenge Blog.
7. For more information we recommend you follow the A to Z Challenge Blog and the hosts:
Arlee Bird @ Tossing it Out
Ninja Captain Alex J. Cavanaugh
Heather M. Gardner
Jeremy @ Hollywood Nuts
AJ @ A J Lauer
Pam Margolis @ An Unconventional Librarian
Damyanti Biswas @ Daily Write
Zalka Csenge Virág @ The Multicolored Diary
Joy Campbell @ The Character Depot
John Holton @The Sound of One Hand Typing
7. For contact: Follow us on our Facebook Page!
Email address is email@example.com
Twitter hashtag is #AtoZChallenge and Twitter id is @AprilA2Z.
We’ll hold Twitter chats on Thursdays at the tag #azchat starting Feb 18, 2016, 9.00 PM EST. Please follow the Twitter and Facebook handles, and the hashtags in order to keep up with the conversation.
So, blog friends old and new, A to Z Challenge veterans and non, what are you waiting for? Sign up NOW at this link!! This challenge transformed my blog; it could transform yours. Questions, doubts, comments? Scroll below to toss ’em at me!
Please join Daily (w)rite on its Facebook Page in case you would like to be heard by this community. If you liked this post, you can have biweekly posts delivered to your inbox: click the Subscription button in the sidebar.