I’m cohosting the A to Z April Blogging Challenge again this year, I participated in 2011, cohosted 3 years : 2012-2014 and after a break year, I’ve entered back again as one of the cohosts in 2016. Wish me luck.
The brainchild of Arlee Bird, at Tossing it Out, the A to Z Challenge basically requires 26 posts in 26 days based on 26 letters of the alphabet, one post beginning with each letter during the month of April, with Sundays off for good behavior.
If you haven’t signed up yet, you have till April 1 to join in the challenge, and then the epic journey begins!
On April 1, blog about a topic that begins with the letter “A.” April 2 is “B,” April 3 is “C,” and so on. No posts on Sundays and we finish with Z on April 30.
Here are a few tips in case you’ve already signed up or are signing up now:
- Use a theme for the month or go random – just as long as it matches the letter of the alphabet for the day. We recommend short posts – participants will be trying to visit as many as possible during the Challenge and will likely skip long posts.
2. Read our FAQ. No, really. Please! I’ll wait while you do it. SO much confusion you face can be easily sorted out if you pore over this link.
3. Those on Blogspot, please turn off Word Verification! You won’t receive many comments or return visitors if it’s on. Check your settings, as it may be on without your knowledge. If you are really concerned about spam, set comments to no anonymous or blog owner approval. Again, read the FAQ if this presents problems.
4. Make it easy for people to follow you. Use Google Friends Connect, Feedly, Feedburner or other RSS Feed, Linky Followers, Networked Blogs, etc., and be sure those widgets are located near the top of your sidebar. Time your posts well, so as to get a maximum audience.
5. Start with the blog after yours on the list. We suggest visiting five blogs a day and you are welcome to visit more!
6. Make new friends. Visit those who visit you. Return the follows of blogs you enjoy. This is about building community. The more you comment, the more comments you’ll receive. Absolutely simple math.
7. Each host has a section of the list and will visit you several times during the month. We also have assistants who will help us. It is our goal to make sure all blogs on the list are participating. Ad sites, non-participants, and bad links will be removed as we find them. If you find any such blog, report it to us on at contactatozteam at gmail dot com
9. Use the Twitter hashtag #AtoZChallenge across all the social media!
10. Visit the A to Z Blog for updates and daily words of encouragement and visit your AZ cohosts:
Arlee Bird @ Tossing it Out
Ninja Captain Alex J. Cavanaugh
Heather M. Gardner
Jeremy @ Hollywood Nuts
Pam @ An Unconventional Librarian
Damyanti Biswas @ Daily Write
Zalka Csenge Virág @ The Multicolored Diary
Joy Campbell @ The Character Depot
John Holton @The Sound of One Hand Typing
Bottom line – have fun!
You can still sign up, so if you’re not on the A to Z Blogging Challenge 2016 list, add your name on there, NOW! This challenge transformed my blog; it could transform yours. Questions, doubts, comments? Scroll below to toss ’em at me!
Please join Daily (w)rite on its Facebook Page in case you would like to be heard by this community. If you liked this post, you can have biweekly posts delivered to your inbox: click the Subscription button in the sidebar. (I’m moving to a new domain soon, and have never thought of a mailing list. I’m counting on you guys to subscribe via email for us to keep in touch!)