We are the World Blogfest is here with its third edition.
To spread peace and humanity on social media, a few of us have worked together to create the We are the World Blogfest, and the cohosts for the April 2017 WATWB are: Emerald Barnes, Eric Lahti, Inderpreet Uppal, Lynn Hallbrooks, Peter Nena, Roshan Radhakrishnan,
In the spirit of “In Darkness, Be Light,” here’s a link to a love story that has warmed hearts and brought smiles to everyone who has heard of the couple.
“Lalita, a 26-year-old resident of Kalwa, Mumbai, was supposed to get married to a different man in 2012. But the ceremony was cut short when Lalita’s cousins attacked her with acid, owing to personal enmity.
The acid burnt most of Lalita’s face, due to which she had to undergo 17 surgeries at the Bombay Hospital and Masina Hospital in Mumbai.
As her treatment continued, Lalita, around two months ago, received this particular call from an unknown man named Rahul Kumar. As luck would have it, the two met, fell in love, and decided to get married.”
Acid attacks still occur with frightening and disheartening regularity in India, disfiguring women, sometimes killing them, and scarring their souls as much their faces.
So this story has brought hope and joy, and I thought you might like to see this facet of young love.
If you found this piece of news heartening and would like to take part in this blogfest, sign up in the WE ARE THE WORLD Blogfest Linky List below and please help spread the word on social media via the hashtag #WATWB.
- Keep your post to below 500 words.
- All we ask is you link to a human news story on your blog on the last Friday of each month, one that shows love and humanity.
- Join us in sharing news that warms the cockles of our heart. No story is too big or small, as long as it goes beyond religion and politics, into the core of humanity.
- Place the WE ARE THE WORLD BLOGFEST Badge on your sidebar, and help us spread the word on social media. Tweets, Facebook shares, G+ shares using the #WATWB hashtag through the month most welcome. More We Are the World Blogfest signups mean more friends, love and light for all of us.
- We’ll read and comment on each others’ posts, get to know each other better, and hopefully, make or renew some friendships with everyone who signs on as participants in the coming months.
- Add your post HERE so we can all find them very easily.
#WATWB also wants to link to charities supported by the co-hosts, and you could choose to donate to some of them or add links to local charities you support. Here’s the organization I’ve come to love and support: PROJECT WHY— and here’s one of my previous posts on the work they do. Feel free to send them a little of your help– every little bit counts.
What piece of positive news have you read lately– would you like to talk about it in the comments, or make a post of your own? Would you like to visit Goonj or replicate its model in your community? Have you signed up for We are the World Blogfest? If not, please consider it: it is just a link to a positive post, once a month, and we’re fine with combining it with your regular posts!
Please join Daily (w)rite on its Facebook Page in case you’d like to be heard by this community. If you liked this post, you can have biweekly posts delivered to your inbox: click the SUBSCRIBE VIA EMAIL button. (Feel free to share this post if you like it. You’ll find icons to re-blog it via WordPress and Blogger to the left of this post.)