We are the World Blogfest is here with its tenth edition, and the very first of 2018!
To spread peace and humanity on social media, a few of us have worked together to create the We are the World Blogfest. In a world where news and social media are awash with negativity, we aim to turn the focus on to small but significant stories that renew our faith in humanity.
In the spirit of “In Darkness, Be Light,” I’d like to share the #WATWB story of renewable energy in India. In a world where mankind is doing all it can to destroy the planet due to its uncontrolled greed, here’s a spark of good news in the renewable energy sector in India:
With the coming of the new year comes the good news that India’s installed capacity in renewable electricity crossed 62 GW in November 2017 in an overall electricity portfolio of 333 GW, thus representing nearly 19 per cent of the total. The 62 GW number includes 16.6 GW of solar and 32.7 GW wind, with small hydropower and biopower making up the rest.
In India it is now cheaper to produce electricity through solar power than coal. In a developing country with a population explosion, that is indeed a triumph. Challenges remain, but it is clear that solar energy is a feasible, endless, environment-friendly source of energy.
If you found this piece of news heartening, and would like to take part in this blogfest, sign up in the WE ARE THE WORLD Blogfest Linky List below and please help spread the word on social media via the hashtag #WATWB.
- Keep your post to below 500 words.
- All we ask is you link to a human news story on your blog on the last Friday of each month, one that shows love and humanity.
- Join us in sharing news that warms the cockles of our heart. No story is too big or small, as long as it goes beyond religion and politics, into the core of humanity.
- Place the WE ARE THE WORLD BLOGFEST Badge on your sidebar, and help us spread the word on social media. Tweets, Facebook shares, G+ shares using the #WATWB hashtag through the month most welcome. More We Are the World Blogfest signups mean more friends, love and light for all of us.
- We’ll read and comment on each others’ posts, get to know each other better, and hopefully, make or renew some friendships with everyone who signs on as participants in the coming months.
- Add your post HERE so we can all find it quickly.
#WATWB also wants to link to charities supported by the co-hosts, and you could choose to donate to some of them or add links to local charities you support. Here’s the organization I’ve come to love and support: PROJECT WHY— and here’s one of my previous posts on the work they do. Feel free to send them a little of your help– every little bit counts.
The We are The World Blogfest Community Page on Facebook will continue to show links to the various blog posts. So you don’t have to hurry through. You can always enjoy one a day. Like the page and share your posts on the thread for the purpose.
Do you believe in renewable energy sources? Do you think mankind is good or bad for our planet? Do you have any success stories for renewable energy, recycling, or prevention of pollution you’d like to share?
Please join Daily (w)rite on its Facebook Page in case you’d like to be heard by this community (Click on See First).
If you liked this post, you can have biweekly posts delivered to your inbox: SUBSCRIBE VIA EMAIL. (Feel free to share this post if you like it. You’ll find icons to re-blog it via WordPress and Blogger.)