We are the World Blogfest is here with its eleventh edition. To spread love, peace and humanity on social media, a few of us have worked together to create the We are the World Blogfest. In a world where news and social media are awash with negativity, we aim to turn the focus on to small but significant stories that renew our faith in humanity.
In the spirit of “In Darkness, Be Light,” I’d like to share the love story and lives of Rajiya Begum, a former prostitute, and Abbas Miah, a differently-abled beggar:
“she never expected anyone to help her without “using her” or gaining something in return. But one rainy night, when she was heartbroken, a stranger in a wheelchair came forward and offered her money, without demanding anything in return. “For the first time in my life that evening someone gave me something without using me. That day I cried deeply while returning to my hut. That day for the first time I felt loved.”
Touched by the warm gesture, Begum walked the streets for many days looking for the kind man, until she found him sitting under a tree. She learnt that his wife had left him because of his disability. “I told him that I won’t be able to love again but I could push his wheelchair for a lifetime. He smiled and said, ‘Not everyone can push a wheelchair without love’.
The duo connected and bonded over sorrows and difficulties and are married for four years now. Though everything is not all rosy, Abbas Miah has kept his promise and never let Rajiya Begum cry ever again ‘standing under any unknown tree’.”
The entire story and photo credits here.
If you found this piece of news heartening, and would like to take part in this blogfest, sign up in the WE ARE THE WORLD Blogfest Linky List below and please help spread the word on social media via the hashtag #WATWB.
- Keep your post to below 500 words.
- All we ask is you link to a human news story on your blog on the last Friday of each month, one that shows love and humanity.
- Join us in sharing news that warms the cockles of our heart. No story is too big or small, as long as it goes beyond religion and politics, into the core of humanity.
- Place the WE ARE THE WORLD BLOGFEST Badge on your sidebar, and help us spread the word on social media. Tweets, Facebook shares, G+ shares using the #WATWB hashtag through the month most welcome. More We Are the World Blogfest signups mean more friends, love and light for all of us.
- We’ll read and comment on each others’ posts, get to know each other better, and hopefully, make or renew some friendships with everyone who signs on as participants in the coming months.
- Add your post HERE so we can all find it quickly.
#WATWB also wants to link to charities supported by the co-hosts, and you could choose to donate to some of them or add links to local charities you support. Here’s the organization I’ve come to love and support: PROJECT WHY— and here’s one of my previous posts on the work they do. Feel free to send them a little of your help– every little bit counts.
The We are The World Blogfest Community Page on Facebook will continue to show links to the various blog posts. So you don’t have to hurry through. You can always enjoy one a day. Like the page and share your posts on the thread for the purpose.
Have you heard love stories like this one? What heartwarming story have you heard recently? Do you have love stories you’d like to share?
Please join Daily (w)rite on its Facebook Page in case you’d like to be heard by this community (Click on See First).
If you liked this post, you can have biweekly posts delivered to your inbox: click the SUBSCRIBE VIA EMAIL button. (Feel free to share this post if you like it. You’ll find icons to re-blog it via WordPress and Blogger to the left of this post.)