The A to Z April Blogging Challenge begins tomorrow!
Here’s how to complete all the 26 posts, receive lots of comments, visit as many blogs as humanly possible, and make hordes of friends–all while having fun:
1. KISS: Keep It (your post) Simple, Short.
2. Get a Theme: Themes make your posts easier for you to write, and for readers to remember and comment on.
3. Post every day: This one is obvious, or you’ll be taken off the linky list. I think.
4. Pre-schedule: It is not a crime, but rather a convenience. Feel free to write posts in advance so you can concentrate on visits.
5. Check Calendar: There’s a challenge calendar in the sidebar at www.a-to-zchallenge.com Follow it so you don’t end up posting on S when everyone is on T.
6. Turn off: Turning off word verifications increases comments, not spam. I’ve turned it off for good since last year.
7. Facilitate following: Make it easy for visitors to follow your blog and subscribe to comments and posts.
8.Link back to your A-Z blog: For those with multiple blogs, make sure your name links back to your A-Z Blog, not your profile with 2-3 blogs listed.
9.Visit others: Start with those below you on the linky list so everyone gets love. Aim for at least 10 new blogs a day. I’m aiming for 40, but I need to do my hosting duties.
10. Comment love: Comment unto those who comment unto you, and then loads more.
11. Social Media: Broadcast your posts on all media with the #atozchallenge tag
12. Relax, have fun: It is not just about quantity, it is also about quality.
Bottomline: Make it easy for others to find you and keep visiting you throughout April!!
Let the #atozchallenge games begin!
Excellent suggestions or tips!
I like the tips…so does your A go for ADVICE? that would have suited the challenge just fine…
Thanks for coming over to my blog! I'm fascinated at how successful last year's A-Z challenge was for you. I don't think I ever told you before but congrats on the book!
This is me, Duncan D. Horne, visiting you from the A-Z challenge, wishing you all the best throughout April and beyond.
Duncan In Kuantan
Great tips! Best of luck to everyone doing the A to Z Challenge!
Great tips, I'm following your blog now! 🙂
cool ill await for your a-z hope you visit mine too here http://pa-ul.blogspot.com/2012/03/z-artists.html
Feels like Raya! I'm looking at the clock 🙂
Thanks for the tips. I'm ready (at least through letter M).
Have done A-R posts so far so am well in hand and the pre-planning will give me more time to visit other blogs. Looking forward to it! Am aiming to visit 5 new blogs a day as well as those who comment on mine.
Hello I just wanted to stop by and introduce myself…cannot wait to get to know you through your blog…blessings.