I’m cohosting the A to Z April Blogging Challenge again this year, I participated in 2011, cohosted 3 years : 2012-2014 and after a break year, I’ve entered back again as one of the cohosts in 2016. Wish me luck.
The brainchild of Arlee Bird, at Tossing it Out, the A to Z Challenge basically requires 26 posts in 26 days based on 26 letters of the alphabet, one post beginning with each letter during the month of April, with Sundays off for good behavior.
If you haven’t signed up yet, you have till April 1 to join in the challenge, and then the epic journey begins!
On April 1, blog about a topic that begins with the letter “A.” April 2 is “B,” April 3 is “C,” and so on. No posts on Sundays and we finish with Z on April 30.
Here are a few tips in case you’ve already signed up or are signing up now:
- Use a theme for the month or go random – just as long as it matches the letter of the alphabet for the day. We recommend short posts – participants will be trying to visit as many as possible during the Challenge and will likely skip long posts.
2. Read our FAQ. No, really. Please! I’ll wait while you do it. SO much confusion you face can be easily sorted out if you pore over this link.
3. Those on Blogspot, please turn off Word Verification! You won’t receive many comments or return visitors if it’s on. Check your settings, as it may be on without your knowledge. If you are really concerned about spam, set comments to no anonymous or blog owner approval. Again, read the FAQ if this presents problems.
4. Make it easy for people to follow you. Use Google Friends Connect, Feedly, Feedburner or other RSS Feed, Linky Followers, Networked Blogs, etc., and be sure those widgets are located near the top of your sidebar. Time your posts well, so as to get a maximum audience.
5. Start with the blog after yours on the list. We suggest visiting five blogs a day and you are welcome to visit more!
6. Make new friends. Visit those who visit you. Return the follows of blogs you enjoy. This is about building community. The more you comment, the more comments you’ll receive. Absolutely simple math.
7. Each host has a section of the list and will visit you several times during the month. We also have assistants who will help us. It is our goal to make sure all blogs on the list are participating. Ad sites, non-participants, and bad links will be removed as we find them. If you find any such blog, report it to us on at contactatozteam at gmail dot com
8. Follow us on our Facebook Page . Twitter . Google Plus . Pinterest .
9. Use the Twitter hashtag #AtoZChallenge across all the social media!
10. Visit the A to Z Blog for updates and daily words of encouragement and visit your AZ cohosts:
Arlee Bird @ Tossing it Out
Ninja Captain Alex J. Cavanaugh
Heather M. Gardner
Jeremy @ Hollywood Nuts
Pam @ An Unconventional Librarian
Damyanti Biswas @ Daily Write
Zalka Csenge Virág @ The Multicolored Diary
Joy Campbell @ The Character Depot
John Holton @The Sound of One Hand Typing
Bottom line – have fun!
You can still sign up, so if you’re not on the A to Z Blogging Challenge 2016 list, add your name on there, NOW! This challenge transformed my blog; it could transform yours. Questions, doubts, comments? Scroll below to toss ’em at me!
Please join Daily (w)rite on its Facebook Page in case you would like to be heard by this community. If you liked this post, you can have biweekly posts delivered to your inbox: click the Subscription button in the sidebar. (I’m moving to a new domain soon, and have never thought of a mailing list. I’m counting on you guys to subscribe via email for us to keep in touch!)
You know… this challenge has become addictive!! I’ve been planning for next year’s ever since this year’s!
How can it have happened? First my mind goes this way… then that – but, maybe I’ve now worked out the basic detail! Now, I’ll have to begin working on the individual posts… because I think it’s going to become a bit of a marathon saga!! 😉
I love your blog layout!
This is really interesting! Unfortunately I have exams on, but I might just be prompted to do more short posts 🙂 Thanks for liking my post :-
Gosh… why didn’t I see this sooner!! I’m currently in the middle of my own Dublin Alphabet posts… I was just about to restart that at “O” early in April. I have much on in April so I may have to pass this time but let me think it over for a day or so… 😉
Join us, join us! 🙂
😉 I’ve had a quick look at the T&C’s on the FAQ page… seems like a lot of do’s and don’ts… 😕
Well, as long as it’s not a spam blog only for ads, and the blogger makes a reasonable attempt at posting 26 days in April, they stay on the list. The dos and don’ts are so that bloggers get the most out of it: you’ll be surprised how many bloggers don’t have easy options for commenting and following back. This is a networking event in some ways, so we like everyone to get something out of it. 🙂
Maybe I should re-read the T&C’s a little better!! 😉
Haha, join us, come on!
You’ve twisted my arm(s)… I’m now the proud number 1565!! 😉
You asked a question, why aren’t I signed up? Because one of the A-to-Z handlers kept commenting on my writing; the length of it, whether it would attract new readers, etc. I finally got fed up. I finished, but really, challenges should be fun, and frankly, she didn’t know what the hell she was talking about.
Hi, I’m So sorry you had a bad experience last year, my apologies on behalf of the team– though I had taken a break from cohosting last year. Would you like to have a conversation about it on my email atozstories at gmail dot com ?
This looks great. I’m going to give it a try
Thanks for stopping by my blog and liking a post.
I just signed up! I am new to blogging. I am looking forward to the challenge! I hope to connect and be inspired by fellow bloggers.
Welcome! Join the AZ family 🙂
Wonderful! Very welcome to the challenge and please help tell your friends on your blog and social media.
Will do! I am participating in the theme reveal on Monday!
Hey dear.. signed up already…
I would like to be in you team if you have space yet.
Please inbox me details at – “email@example.com” on the same.
Do you have a plan to reroute visitors who come to this page to your new site? That should ease a lot of your stress, and there’s plug-ins that will do it.
It’s worked wonders with mine. You may lose a couple of people, but you’ll find the ones who care about keeping in touch.
yes, all of that is being done, but technology frightens me!
This challenge looks like a lot of fun, but it also looks pretty scary as well. I only started my blog yesterday so I don’t think I am up for such a daunting task yet. Good luck to everyone participating 🙂
I need to focus on other priorities this year, so will sit out the A to Z for the second year in a row. I’ll be checking in to visit other bloggers though. It’s too much fun to stay away completely.
I took me a while to decide, but I’m in again. This is a great list of reminders. Thanks.
I’m always amazed at the creativity of bloggers in this challenge. I’m thinking next year. I’m buried amidst a long-term project this one.
Reblogged this on ugiridharaprasad.
I’ve signed up! Yay, this is the perfect opportunity to make me write a little something everyday. Looking forward to reading others as well. Thank you!
Hi Damyanti – signed up … Could you add in – please don’t post using G+ … it’s a nuisance searching for the actual post ..
Cheers and happy A-Zing one and all … Hilary
Signed up about three weeks ago, have blogged about it. Looking forward to April 1st.
This is a fantastically useful post. I partecipated last year (first time) so I’m familiar with this, but I know a few people who may want to read this 🙂
Thanks for sharing
On the sidelines cheering for everyone. Sharing on my blog to pass along the information.
Reblogged this on Stepping Stones Magazine Lite and commented:
Sounds like a great opportunity. Why not give it a try?
Thanks for the info – since I’m already over-extended, I will pass this time. But I appreciated the notice!
Good luck, y’all. I will sit this one out and see how you all go.
Reblogged this on MDellert-dot-Com and commented:
If you like blogging, indeed, why not try the #AtoZChallenge!
I signed-up earlier. I’m not nervous yet.
Looking forward to your posts
I’ll be following you too Dan!
Yay! I just signed up early today. (Philippine time). ?