To spread peace and humanity on social media, a few of us have worked together to create We are the World Blogfest , which is here with its 17th edition.
wonderful bloggers helping cohost this month:Eric Lahti, Inderpreet Uppal, Shilpa Garg, Sylvia Stein, Peter Nena . Go visit them please, and thank them for their hard work behind the scenes.
In the spirit of spreading good news and cheer, I’d like to share with you this story: Former rickshaw-puller inks big book deal
Rickshaws are still a popular means of transport in some parts of suburban India, and yes, a Dalits are still a marginalised populace, poor economic support and ‘untouchability’ being only a part of the injustices they face.
I’m heartened that Manoranjan Byapari‘s voice will be heard widely in India and abroad–his stories and the stories from his community are needed in order to bring an awareness of the injustices that still happen in many parts of India due to the heinous practice of casteism.
He’s a writer with no formal education, and his journey is all the more remarkable for that.
He’s done all sorts of jobs from a cattle grazer, to a night guard, sweeper, cook, attendant at a cremation ground, a goon, writer, editor — and I hope he is able to do what he has worked towards: write, and speak about his life.
If you can spare the time, watch this documentary–heartbreaking and heartwarming in equal measure.
Have you heard of Manoranjan Byapari? Do you know a writer without a formal education? What jobs have you held down in life?
If you’d like to take part in this blogfest, sign up in the WE ARE THE WORLD Blogfest Linky List below and please help spread the word on social media via the hashtag #WATWB.
- Keep your post to below 500 words.
- All we ask is you link to a human news story on your blog on the last Friday of each month, one that shows love and humanity.
- Join us in sharing news that warms the cockles of our heart. No story is too big or small, as long as it goes beyond religion and politics, into the core of humanity.
- Place the WE ARE THE WORLD BLOGFEST Badge on your sidebar, and help us spread the word on social media. Tweets, Facebook shares, G+ shares using the #WATWB hashtag through the month most welcome. More We Are the World Blogfest signups mean more friends, love and light for all of us.
- We’ll read and comment on each others’ posts, get to know each other better, and hopefully, make or renew some friendships with everyone who signs on as participants in the coming months.
- Add your post HERE so we can all find it quickly.
The We are The World Blogfest Community Page on Facebook will continue to show links to the various blog posts. So you don’t have to hurry through. You can always enjoy one a day. Like the page and share your posts on the thread for the purpose.
Please join Daily (w)rite on its Facebook Page in case you’d like to be heard by this community (Click on See First).
If you liked this post, you can have biweekly posts delivered to your inbox: SUBSCRIBE VIA EMAIL .