My debut literary crime novel,”You Beneath Your Skin,” published by the fab team at Simon and Schuster IN is making its way into the world.
It is available in India here. Worldwide, here.
It has been optioned for a multi-part TV drama by the international brand Endemol Shine. Announcement on Hollywood Deadline here.
Reviews are appreciated–please get in touch with your website and social media details if you’d like a review copy.
Get Curated Writing Resources Subscribe to Blog Join Daily (w)rite on FB
OTHER FICTION SHORTLISTS AND LONGLISTS
- Picasso Dreams : shortlisted and commended at the Bath Flash Fiction Award 2015
- Words are the Enemy : Longlisted for the Fish Flash fiction Award 2016 and for the Bath Flash Fiction Award June 2016. Published at the Dime Show Review.
- You Beneath Your Skin novel longlisted for the Mslexia Novel Competition and the Flash500 Novel Opening Chapter & Synopsis Competition.
- You Beneath Your Skin novel longlisted for the Bath Novel Award.
- Cirque du Taudis, New Delhi : Shortlisted for the Bath Flash Fiction Award.
- Won The Fay Khoo Award for food writing, with the essay Khowa, in Penang, Malaysia.
- Third prize at the Strands Magazine contest, with Crique du Taudis, New Delhi.
1.Picasso Dreams Shortlisted and commended by the judge at the Bath Flash Fiction Awards.
2. “Bear with me” published at Bluestem Magazine run by the Eastern Illinois University.
3. “Of Durians and Vipers” published at the Griffith Review New Asia Now Vol 2, Queensland, Australia.
4. “Thorax of a Blowfly“ published in Ducts.org, a magazine run by the New York Writers Workshop, nominated for Best of Net.
5. “I’m Beautiful” published at the Lunch Ticket, run by the Antioch University, Los Angeles.
6. “Evening out the Odds” published in Earthen Lamp Journal, India.
7. “A Spicy Chica” published at The Aerogram, San Francisco.
8. “Talking about Rape” published at When Women Waken, USA.
9. “A Toy Story” published at Flash Frontier, New Zealand.
10. “Putting One Foot in front of Another” published at Roar Magazine, USA
11. “Goodbye” in the Tiny Moments anthology, published by Pringmill Media.
12. “Nemin” at Atticus Review, Madison, New Jersey.
13. In the Fox’s Parlour by Jet Fuel Review, Illinois, nominated for Best of the Web and the Pushcart Prize.
14. For All the Men Who Slept with Her and Adventures of the Moving Lump at Thin Air Web Features.
15. “The Wedding Day” at the Cha Literary Journal Hong Kong.
16. “The Right Thing to Do” at the Papercuts magazine, USA.
17. “Infanticide” at the “Blue Fifth Review,” New Zealand.
18. Almost there, and back again at Litro, UK.
19. Old Bishnu’s Feet at Storyscape journal, USA.
20. My Chessmen Wear Red at Five on the Fifth, USA.
21. Cirque de Taudis, New Delhi at Strands magazine, India.
22. On Worshipping Lady B, Ellipsis Zine, USA.
23. Afterwards, Only the Sea, MacQueen’s Quinterly, USA.
24. I Don’t Want him to Smell, Spittoon Monthly, China
25. Their Time is up, Punch magazine, India.
26. Cotton, Grass, Rain at Jaggery Lit, USA.
27. Soft Things, Hard things at Splonk, Ireland
28. We Must Fly at Visual Verse, Berlin.
29. Tripta’s Recipe: Fish Cooked in Mustard Sauce at Smokelong Quarterly.
30. There is Hope at Puerto del Sol
PUBLICATIONS IN PRINT ANTHOLOGIES AND JOURNALS
1. Fire, Extinguished, published in the anthology, Extinguished & Extinct, by Twelve Winters Press, USA, nominated for the Pushcart Prize.
2. “I’ll Be Your Father” published in The Outrider Review, USA.
3. “The Only Truth” published at The First Line, USA
4. “Peeping Toe” , first published in Quarterly Literary Review Singapore, then anthologised in Love and Lust in Singapore, by Monsoon Books, and also published at Birkbeck Writer’s Hub, UK.
5. “Maya Niwas”, anthologised in A Rainbow Feast: New Asian Short Stories, by Marshall and Cavendish, Malaysia.
6. “Finding Zen at Tasik Kenyir” anthologised in Sini Sana : Travels in Malaysia by MPH Malaysia.
7. “A Boy has Drowned” published in the anthology, “A Subtle Degree of Restraint” by MPH, Malaysia.
8. “No One Can See Me” in the anthology, The Best Asian Crime Stories 2020
9. “An Orchestrated Ending” published in the anthology Readings for Readings 2 by Bernice Chauly and Sharon Bakar, and in KL Noir: Blue, Buku Fixi, Malaysia.
10. “November Rain” published in the anthology Crime Scene Asia Vol1 by Monsoon Books, Singapore.
11. “The Make up Man,” in the anthology Twenty-Two New Asian Short stories published by Silverfish Books, Malaysia.
12.“Bad Decision” in the anthology Singapore Love Stories by Monsoon Books
13. “Silencing the Brick” at Ambit, UK.
14. Bittergourd, in Pembroke Magazine, University of North Carolina, Issue 53.
15. Fat Mother in the Bouchercon 2021 Anthology, New Orleans, This Time for Sure.