Reading novels and short stories has been my salvation for as long as I can remember. This year, I’ve struggled with health and work issues, but my reading has again come to the rescue.
In these past few weeks these novels and short stories have gathered on my bedside table:
1. This isn’t the sort of thing that happens to someone like you : Jon McGregor
2. The Oxford book of Japanese short stories : Theodore W. Goosssen
3. The Ballad of a Small Player: Lawrence Osborne
4. The Night Guest: Fiona McFarlane
5. Gold boy, Emerald girl: YiYun Li
6. Midnight Sun: Jo Nesbo
7. Chocolat : Joanne Harris
8. Instructions for a Heatwave: Maggie O’ Farrell
9. High Rise: J G Ballard
I’m dipping into one or the other as time and health permits.
Add to the hit counter on both of them, if you please, and tell me what you think?
What novels and short stories are you reading? Would you recommend a book you read this year? Drop me the title in the comments, and I’ll look it up!
Please join Daily (w)rite on its Facebook Page in case you’d like to be heard by this community. If you liked this post, you can have biweekly posts delivered to your inbox: click the Subscription button on the sidebar.