- Your overall story can be in any genre, time period, or style you choose.
- You must have three characters (Rule of Three), but the relation between them is up to you. You can have as many fringe characters as you like if they serve to move the story along, but only three MAIN characters.
Every week between 12.01AM on Wednesday and 11.59PM on Thursday (all times in GMT; not earlier, not later), post a narrative fiction: story, poem, song lyric, play, monologue, soliloquy– any style you choose to work in.
- Each Friday you will be given a choice of writing prompts that will escalate the inner happenings of your story. Please choose one or more, and state the chosen prompt at the beginning of your post.
- Choose one of your characters to showcase that given week as the main protagonist for that posting. Of course, you can weave in your other characters as you see fit, but the main action/conflict or point of view should be the showcased character of the week.
- In the fourth week, give us your tour de force, a culmination of the story that will make us weep, weak at the knees, jump for joy, whatever…and know a writer’s job was done well.
- Upper limit for each post is 500-600 words.
Please link your 4 instalments together to make it easier for readers to follow your story. (For example, in your week 2 post, link back to your week 1 post, and so on.)
- Sign up at the Linky list below by the 3rd of October. Please do so only if you intend to write a story, and participate in the writers’ community, not because you want to promote a soap, a website, or a random electronic gadget. We promise to remove all spam and advertisements.
- Leave us a comment after you sign in. For instance, talk about which genre you want to write in, whether your Rule of Three story would feature characters from your current WIP or you would introduce us to new ones…anything at all about your plans for the blogfest.
- Visit this blog or those of the other hosts tomorrow, or any time during the next week to find the first batch of Rule of Three prompts.
- Please let us know if you’ve signed up but find yourself unable to write for the blogfest for some reason, so we can remove your link as a courtesy to everyone using the Linky list to visit the participants. Most visitors find it annoying to reach an irrelevant post by clicking a name on the Linky list.
- Schedule for prompts and posting: save these dates on your calendar! (The posts have a 48-hour window)
<center><a href=”http://amloki.blogspot.com/2011/08/rule-of-three.html”><img width =”200″ alt=”REN3″ src=”http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z451/Jc_Martin/RuleofThreeshield.jpg” height=”200″ /></a></center>
b. Post and/or tweet about the challenge in the weeks leading up to the Rule of Three. Spread the word on Facebook, Google+, or on twitter with the Hashtag #REN.c. Throughout the blogfest, visit as many other entries as you can and give the entrants some comment love and suggestions!
Plot the beginning of your Renaissance story following the Rule of Three and make your first post between October 5 and October 6! You have 34 days from now to dream up the first part of the story which will be based on one or more of the following prompts:
- There is an argument
- There is fear of an impending misfortune
- There is a humorous circumstance
- Someone might fall in love
Sign up in the linky list below, and enjoy the ride as we all go on different journeys in the shared world of Renaissance!