Here are the seven tips that I have shared on this blog so far.
I actively use all of them in my own freelance and fiction writing, and I find them invaluable!
1. Poetry writing advice: This one was a post on distilling, as much as possible, the art of writing poetry for someone who wants to attempt it seriously.
2. Capturing writing ideas: This post talks about the ability to capture and record ideas easily using available technology.
3. Flash fiction as a genre: This post was all about writing flash fiction, and is illustrated with an example and useful links
4. Freelance writing entry levels: This post is a brief list of areas where an aspiring freelance writer can try and break in, and the future possibilities this will lead to.
5. Mind maps and their use in writing: This post defines mind-maps and explores the ways in which they can inspire and unclog all kinds of writing. Besides writer applications on the web, this is one of the most helpful plotting tools for a writer.
6. Using a camera to inspire writing: In this post I explain a method I always use to hunt for new ideas, the free-association triggered by an image.
7. Blog in order to write better: This post is all about how blogging works to help not only your writing skills, but also your writing career.
Each post addresses a different aspect of writing, but all of them have one aspect in common: all the tips I talk about are tried and tested, and really, really work.