Today, Clare Dugmore and Kyra Lennon are hosting the Bloghop of Joy. To participate, all you have to do is post your list of joy – with a minimum of five things that put a spring back in your step!
I loved the idea, because I believe that life is made of little joys, and if we live fully in those moments, we do not have to chase ‘happiness’!
So here goes my list, in no particular order (I take each day as it comes, and one is as good as the other) :
1. It gives me a trill of pleasure to see my plants set to bloom. I have very few plants on my small balcony– so blooms are an event.
2. I love freshly done laundry — it is a joy to bury my nose in a pillow and take in that smell of home, and love, and I don’t know — family?
3. My husband travels often, but each time he sends me a message from the local airport that he’s landed, I can’t help smiling.
4. I grin when my stories get published, but more than that, I love it when I go back to my own writing and have that moment of, “Wow, I wrote that!” Keeps me happy all that day.
5. I spent my life being afraid of water, and learned to swim last year — well into my thirties. Now every time I swim a lap, a part of me sings, because I’m not afraid.
6. Sometimes a book I’m reading makes me smile, or weep — both are moments of joy.
7. When a friend calls me out of the blue, wondering how I am, I smile about it all day long.
8. I speak English and no Mandarin, and the lady who helps me weekly, speaks Mandarin and no English. We have a laugh riot when she does stuff like store the fabric softener in the fridge, and fill the steam iron with fizzy water.
9. Good food and chocolate. Whenever I have either (or both), I’m blissed out.
10. My cup of tea right after I wake, that perfect cup of mindfulness in my hands as I sip and prepare to write, that is my everyday moment of joy.
So those were mine, and I have many more, but rather than making a long list, I’d like to hear your moments of joy.
(Here’s a list of 15 Powerful Things Happy People Do Differently... I was thrilled to see at least some of the points in the list hold true for me, and others are points I’m working at!)
What are the little (or big) things that make you smile, and make you feel grateful to have them? What brings you Joy?
Please join Daily (w)rite on its Facebook Page in case you’d like to be heard by this community.
If you liked this post, you can have biweekly posts delivered to your inbox: click the SUBSCRIBE VIA EMAIL button.
(Feel free to share this post if you like it. You’ll find icons to re-blog it via WordPress and Blogger to the left of this post.)
Can’t believe I missed this before. It’s refreshing.
I agree with lot of these!
Your list made me happy! It's a great list. For me spending time with my Grandbabies makes me so very very HAPPY!
Stopping by from the A to Z challenge to say hi!
Peanut Butter and Whine
What a lovely list, you just made me smile on my lunch hour! Thank you.
What a simply lovely idea to make a list of the little (and/or big) moments that bring one joy in one's life. I had to weigh up a wide variety of things, but here are top five…
1. Sunshine after rain (preferably accompanied by a rainbow)
2. Hearing music – anything from the frenetic skirl of a Ceilidh band in full flow to the more majestic tones of a symphony orchestra
3. Watching our flock of chocolate sheep in the paddock outside – when the gang of new lambs race up the field on summer's evening, springing into the air through sheer joy, it makes me laugh out loud
4. Precious time with family and friends – anywhere and any occasion
5. The different "airs" of country life: the alluring smell of freshly cut grass on a summer's afternoon; the musky scent of ripe barley on a harvest evening; the timeless smell of burning leaves, wafting on the breeze in early autumn; and the piercing blast of icy cold air that wakes your senses on a frosty winter's morning. All of this. Would be happy to see you across on my blog if you've ever a moment. Do follow if you like it or leave a comment 🙂
Thanks for your comments, everyone. I've been lagging behind in my replies, but I'll do better this week.
I've already visited back some of you, off to visit more!
Wonderful list and that prompts me to do my own.
A nice happiness list.
Here is something to ponder on HAPPINESS http://karvediat.blogspot.in/2013/02/happiness-made-simple-it-is-easy-to-be.html
Wish you all the Happiness
Thanks for taking part in the bloghop; great list. That's so great that even though you and your neighbour don't speak the same language, you have such fun together. And congrats on learning to swim. 😀
I agree about those little things that bring joy. I feel extra happy when I hear from my daughters, spend time with my granddaughters, or get a nice comment on one of my blogs.
An A to Z Co-host blog
awesome Joy list. Thank you for sharing!
Wonderful list! Congratulations on beating your fear of water! I still can't swim, even though I grew up by the sea lol
Thanks for joining in with the bloghop!
Love your list! It's very sweet. :3
Nice list! You included some things I hadn't thought of. #7 is so sweet 🙂
besides the experience with communication problem I completely get you!
Checking you link now. (want to see if I'm happy or not according to the article 😉 )
You have a wonderful list.
I'm totally with you regarding the chocolate and a book. The two of the together is a two-punch combo to the arm with joy!!
Great list! I love many of the same things–especially seeing a plant bloom. It's truly magical!! Oh, and chocolate. Yes, I love chocolate. Don't tell the others on my healthy food blog. LOL! ~Angela
Sounds like your helper makes life interesting around the house!
You'd have to see my other blog. 😉
You picked some great things for your top 10. My plants also give me joy. (I have a collection of orchids)
It's cool you learnt to swim. I keep meaning to have lessons – I can't swim well, I can just about stay above the water!
Aww I love that!! It truly is the little things that make life so great. And in the end, it's the little things you tend to remember. Such a great way to start the day 🙂
Your list made me smile which is wonderful! I especially loved #8. That would be fun to watch.