Writing can be such a bummer, especially if some days you need to sleep in a bit because you worked till late.
I wanted to sleep, sleep, sleep, snuggle in just a little more under the covers, but I must rise and shine.
I’ve started putting the daily word count below my posts, and yesterday I barely managed a 600. Which means I must push towards above-1000 today. Though these are disconnected writing exercises I’m doing, I find story ideas popping out, and sometimes I’m using them to further a story I’m already writing.
In other news, I’m struggling to find a good match for critique partners and writing buddies.(1 or 2 of each are good enough at this stage):
My ideal critique partner would :
-love my work all the time (kidding!)
– point out places where the work sucks
– do so without making me feel I suck, and hence dry me up
– be familiar with my genres: literary fiction, horror, fantasy
– give me pointers on how to set things right
– push me to deliver the revised version by certain deadlines
-tell me if my crits were helpful or not, and why
My ideal writing buddy would:
-kick my ass all the time, asking me to complete my 1000 words(am my own writing buddy right now, sigh)
– write like a maniac, and make me feel lousy I haven’t
-make me send him or her my stuff as proof of my work (hah, I have such faith in my dedication!)
– be gung-ho about writing, writing, writing
-get me going when I’m blocked
-not mind when I do all the above to him or her
Wish list, wish list…but I can live in hope, can’t I? Wishing and dreaming done for the day, let me take my nose to the grindstone….
Word count January 7: 650